Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Routines

I never realized that little habbits turn into routines that Ava hangs on to. Take for instance this morning...

Our usual morning routine (on days I work)
1) I get Ava dressed while Brian gets ready
2) Brian starts breakfast with Ava while I get ready
3) Brian leaves for work and I finish breakfast

Today's routine went a little differently
1) Ava ate in her PJ's with Brian
2) Brian left for work and I dressed Ava

Everything was fine until Ava ran from her nursery into our bedroom (in her usual excited fashion) asking her almost daily question..."Daddy, I look pretty?" When she realized he wasn't there to answer with his usual "Yes, Ava, very pretty" -  we had a little fling on the floor meltdown in the dark, daddy-less bedroom.  

Our solution: call Daddy and ask him over the phone...
"Daddy, I look pretty?"   -    "Yes, Ava, VERY pretty."

1 comment:

Amy said...

this is SO cute :) i'm sure you didn't think so at the time, but SO precious :)