Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dear Baby Aidan,

From the moment you came into my life I've been dreaming of our times together, of our growing family and our new little one to love.

As your mommy there is just so much to say. I won't presume that I can capture a lifetime of dreams that I had hoped for you in one letter. It's the simple joys that I'll miss the most. All of those kisses we won't get to share, all of those embraces that I just can't give you - the joy of watching you grow along side of your big sister Ava. It's hard to imagine a lifetime without you. I miss you already. I need you to know just how much I love you.

No one else will understand our bond. Those very real moments when you thrived inside of me. Those moments of silent smiles we shared when you would find the very spot of my hand on the other side of my belly and kick it - as to say "I'll see you soon, mommy". And that expansive pride I felt when Ava would kiss you and talk to you.

I never imagined that I would have to say goodbye before I even got to say hello. Thank you for letting me be the home of your soul for almost nine months.

I find comfort knowing you are in the presence of your creator. 
Held snug and surrounded by his light. Divinely at peace. Know my heart sings for you - just like all of those lullabies you heard Ava and I sing to you every night.

You are the warmth of my heart, Aidan and forever will be. You're my "I love you".

Love ,
mommy

No comments: